Our master bedroom is one of two rooms that I had not repainted since I first painted it when we moved into our house. When we moved in, I painted our master bedroom Smoked Turquoise by Behr. I really liked that color and still do. But
the room I needed to change things up. I don’t know about you, but I get pretty bored with a room after a few years. I did do some updates a few years ago with a DIY headboard but I knew I needed more of an overhaul this time. “Army green” is a trending color right now and I have been wanting to add some in my house. The master bedroom seemed like the perfect place. Cypress Vine by Behr was the color I chose that was close to the “army green” I was looking for. It was the jumping off point for our master bedroom update.
Here is what our master bedroom looked like last Christmas with the Smoked Turquoise walls.
Since then, I replaced the wobbly 1990s brass ceiling fan. This is one of the last two rooms that I still needed to change out the trim from the skinny oak to white 1 X 4s. So I removed all the trim in this room before I started painting. Let me tell you, the room really needed a good dusting and I won’t even tell you what the carpet under the dressers looked like. Dust bunny and pet hair haven. So the room got a thorough cleaning in the process.
Here is the master bedroom update as it looks today.
Initially when I decided to repaint, I was thinking of repainting all the walls the same color. Until I came across an inspiration pic on Pinterest where there was one wall painted dark green and the other walls painted white. Immediately, I knew that was what I wanted to do.
I ordered a few Euro pillows to see how we liked these for reading. Then I got a new down comforter and duvet cover. You know, like a real adult would have. I happened to get mine from Ikea. It’s amazing and so cozy!
I placed my DIY blanket ladder on this wall and hung my Vol25 Minerals and Gems Study on the ladder as well. I can’t really change the placement of the bed, but I can move the stuff around the be bed to new areas!
Finally, I changed out the curtains for some sheers and that completes my little master bedroom update. I still have to install the new trim, in case you eagle-eyed that. I ordered some sconces to replace the bedside lamps but did not like them as much as the lamps so I am keeping the lamps, for now. Once I get the rest of the room under control, I will share that eventually.
This is not the only place in my house that I used this green paint. Stay tuned to see where else I used this color!